One of the requirements of having a dispensing license is keeping your annual fee payments up to date. An amount of R200.00 per license is due to the Department of Health by the 28th of February every year.
Below are a few frequently asked questions regarding the annual dispensing fee. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Anika on 067 652 3008 or email@example.com.
Can you pay my annual fees on my behalf and ensure they are allocated correctly?
Due to the increasing administrative burden to communicate with the Department in terms of allocating payments, applying for address changes and updating your details, we have resolved to introduce a dispensing license administration service of R200.00 (Excl. VAT) per annum.
What does this include?
- We will automatically pay your annual fees due on your behalf every year until you cancel. This means that you won’t have to worry about when or what is due to the Department of Health, we do the administration for you.
- You will automatically receive an invoice in the beginning of every year for the annual fees due, in other words, R200.00 x Number of licenses that you have + Focus on Health administration fee of R200.00 (Excl. VAT)
- Once your annual fees have been paid, we hand in the proof of payment in person at the Department of Health to ensure that it has been received to be allocated to your account.
- We keep record of these payments made to the Department to reduce your administrative burden.
- One free status check on your dispensing license(s) per annum on request.
Please complete the following form if we should pay your annual fees every year: https://foh-cpd.co.za/dispensing/dispensing-license-fee/
I haven’t been paying my annual fees. Can I get up to date with these payments?
In the event that you haven’t been paying your fees every year, we suggest that you contact us to request a status check with the Department of Health. In many cases you may need to update your personal details, as well as settling outstanding fees. This can only be confirmed by doing a status check with the Department.
Once the Department of Health has confirmed what needs to be done, we can certainly assist.
Where can I get my renewal certificate?
The Department of Health does not issue any invoices, statements, proof of receipt of annual payments or renewal certificates. That is why it is important that you, or Focus on Health, keep record of all your annual proof of payments.
Should you need an updated license, in other words, the one you currently have has expired or the address is no longer correct, then one needs to apply for a relocation or an updated license. You may contact Focus on Health for assistance in this regard.
My annual fees are up to date, but I need to apply for an additional license or amend the address on my current license. Can you assist?
Should you need an updated or additional license, then one needs to apply for an amendment. You may contact Focus on Health for assistance in this regard.
I’ve been paying the annual fee every year, but I never received a dispensing license. Where can I get my license?
If you never received your dispensing license from the Department of Health it is important to determine if a license was actually issued, regardless if you have been paying the annual fees every year. Contact Focus on Health for assistance in this regard.
I have completed my dispensing course. Does the certificate of completion mean I can now dispense?
No, unfortunately not. The certificate of completion only confirms that you have complied with ONE of the more important prerequisites to apply for a dispensing license from the Department of Health.