The National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) has issued a resource on Coronavirus (COVID-19) that can be viewed online.
Healthcare professionals with clinically related Coronavirus queries can contact the NICD Hotline at +27 82 883 9920 and for laboratory-related queries call 011 555 0315/7/8 or 011 555 0488.
The public can call 0800 029 999 during office hours (8h00 to 16h00), Monday to Friday, with questions regarding the Coronavirus.
Risk Score Predicts COVID-19 Mortality, Outperforms Others
Airborne Transmission of SARS-CoV-2
Clinical findings and management
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection when novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection is suspected
- Pathological findings of COVID-19 associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Topical Povidone Iodine Inhibits Bacterial Growth in the Oral Cavity of Patients on Mechanical Ventilation
- Interpreting Diagnostic Tests for SARS-CoV-2
- Presenting Characteristics, Comorbidities, and Outcomes Among 5700 Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 in the New York City Area
- Management of COVID-19 Respiratory Distress
- Radiological findings from 81 patients with COVID-19 pneumonie in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study
- Coronavirus Disease 2019: Role of Chest CT in Diagnosis and Management
- Under Pressure, One Italian Doctor Triages by Ultrasound
Radiological Society of North America Expert Consensus Statement on Reporting Chest CT Findings Related to COVID-19
- The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence